Annual Revenue: $1,900,000
Minimum Equity Required: $400,000
Location: Nova Scotia
Listing ID: 1310
Listing Status: New
If you believe HRM has a bright future ahead of it for new home and commercial construction, then we're certain you'll find this top-tier longstanding paving company to be well positioned to transition to a new owner. A few highlights that make this 20+ year old company an attractive take over candidate:
1. Supportive owner transition plan, a new owner coming can be assured the business will become well known and that it is not just about the owner or pricing, it's about reputation of the company name.
2. High quality fleet of equipment with excellent terms and conditions, strong equity value. Little to no need for anything for 10 years.
3. Opportunity to get into commercial snow removal given the equipment package, none has ever been done
4. Strategic buyer can quickly find economies of scale within operations and equipment usage.
5. Solid staffing compliment who are well trained and capable of handling all aspect of the daily operations.
The company caters both residential and small commercial projects and has worked hard to instil quality policies and processes that has helped it earn the trust of its customers, and a reputation that has created a sense of loyalty for the work they do.
The ideal new owner is someone who is ready to take the business to the next level having some knowledge in management and/or construction. Seller will support and train on all aspects, as required.
The sale is structured as a sale of 100% of the authorized and issued share capital of the company. Working Capital shall be adjusted at $0. By completing the NDA and becoming a qualified buyer, we'll be happy to send you a full Offering Memorandum that will answer most of your questions.
Annual Revenues and Seller's Discretionary Earnings (Fiscal Year End is Dec. 31):
2022 (as of Nov. 17)
All equipment included with sale, debt to be taken over as well. Cost new was in excess of $1.1M+HST, debt owing is just over $600k. Little to no need for anything for 10 years.
* SDE is calculated with the inclusion of a Fair Market Value rent expense of $15,000. SDE is after $15,000 rent expense. As well, we have included a $110,000 "Sustaining Capital" expense, which is more than sufficient to own and maintain the same quality of equipment in place today.
** Seller's Discretionary Earnings (“SDE”) is a calculation of the total financial benefit that a single full time owner-operator would derive from a business on an annual basis. SDE is the pretax and pre-interest profits, before non-cash expenses, owner's benefits, one time investments, and any non-related income or expenses. SDE may require that expenses be adjusted if a new owner (Purchaser) will necessarily need to take on a new expense. SDE is also referred to as Adjusted Cash Flow, Total Owner's Benefit, Seller's Discretionary Cash Flow, or Recast Earnings.
** Our expectations are for a minimum 40% down payment on the final negotiated purchase price. Feel free to run some of your own calculations here:
The business requires approximately 7,500 sft - 10,000 sft of yard space for equipment storage, and a shipping container. We expect $15,000 a year would be more than sufficient to cover this cost.
Purchase will be required to obtain their own storage space prior to closing. Can easily operate from a home office.