Annual Revenue: $2,544,000
Minimum Equity Required: $175,000
Location: Nova Scotia
Listing ID: 1288
Here is a well organized operation that has proven it self through the pandemic and will benefit and grow from someone who enjoys relationship building and sales or is interested in leading a high performing team.
A few highlights include:
- Excellent Google rating with many reviews provided
- many repeat customers
- owner is working part time in business
- modern office in excellent location
It's an exciting time to be involved with this industry. A few insights that support the future of this business include:
- #1 in employment growth in Canada.
- The second fastest-growing city in Canada experiencing rapid population growth via international and inter-provincial immigration.
- Rapid economic recovery and has regained its pre-covid employment levels back in September of 2021.
- The city has a well-educated population with 70% of people 25-64 having a university, college, and/or trade designation. This highlights the diversification opportunities in both Skilled Trades and Professional segments.
- 60% of the newcomers to Halifax in 2020 were under 30 years old
- Nova Scotia is home to 10 high-ranking post-secondary institutions with 27 campuses. This is the highest concentration of universities in Canada.
- Halifax alone produces more graduates per capita in engineering, applied science, mathematics, and physical science than anywhere else in Canada.
- Nova Scotia has the highest concentration of university-level tech students in Canada. 28% more students enrolled in university technology programs than the national average.
- 3rd lowest cost of living in Canada’s capital regions, while offering all the same conveniences of urban life.
- Ranks in the top 10 for cost competitiveness among the 50 largest cities in Canada and the US combined.
The business is being offered as a share sale (100% of all issued and outstanding shares), and considers $0 in working capital to be included in the offered price. Working capital shall be adjusted at closing and shall be in addition to the price being offered.
By completing the NDA and becoming a qualified buyer, we'll be happy to send you a full Offering Memorandum that will answer most all of your questions.
Profit has increased 15% YTD as of July compared to 2021. In August, the business' most profitable service line increased +111% year over year. As projected, the business is expecting solid growth over their strongest year ever, 2021. Revenue is +20% YTD July. Investment in an additional employee and employee retention (pay increases + commission) represent the gap between revenue growth vs profit growth. There is much to be excited about with the future of this operation, once it is in the hands of a more committed action taker! Will it be you?
Balance Sheet: Working Capital has been running in the $100k range, with the vast majority being Accounts Receivables and Cash. Working capitals requirements are no more than $25k. There is no long term debt.
** Seller's Discretionary Earnings (“SDE”) is a calculation of the total financial benefit that a single full time owner-operator would derive from a business on an annual basis. SDE is the pretax and pre-interest profits, before non-cash expenses, owner's benefits, one time investments, and any non-related income or expenses. SDE may require that expenses be adjusted if a new owner (Purchaser) will necessarily need to take on a new expense. SDE is also referred to as Adjusted Cash Flow, Total Owner's Benefit, Seller's Discretionary Cash Flow, or Recast Earnings.
** Our expectations are for a minimum 35% down payment on the final negotiated purchase price of the business, with the balance being financed over approximately 7 years. Feel free to run some of your own calculations here:
The business operates from a leased premises with a total Square Footage of 1450, with the total Monthly Lease currently at $2567 + HST, which includes electricity and cleaning, expiring April 30, 2027. There is an option to terminate early, prior to the 5th year anniversary.