Annual Revenue: $475,000
Minimum Equity Required: $1,000,000
Location: Nova Scotia
Listing ID: 1240
The timing could not be better for someone who understands the trends in the golf industry! If you're passionate about golf, people, the outdoors, or are a service-minded entrepreneur seeking a seasonal lifestyle business in a wonderfully supportive and growing community, then this golf course may be worthy of your investigation. Here are a handful of reasons why this golf course is ideally set up for a new owner to keep it as is or take it to the next level:
1. Tremendous asset base with almost all new course maintenance equipment.
2. The clubhouse has been masterfully built, is in excellent condition, and is significantly under-utilized.
3. There has been absolutely no event business (Weddings, Corporate Events, Tournaments, etc.) which would easily add $250k - $500k in additional business, being $75k - $150k to the bottom line.
4. The kitchen has not been in operation for several years, yet all of the professional equipment has been inspected and is ready for use.
5. There is no pro shop, so no retail items being sold.
This business is currently run by a husband and wife team and just a few staff. The husband is primarily the groundskeeper and the wife is primarily the host and administrator.
The sale is structured as a sale of 100% of the authorized and issued share capital of the company. Working Capital shall be adjusted at $0. By completing the NDA and becoming a qualified buyer, we'll be happy to send you a full Offering Memorandum that will answer most, if not all, of your questions.
Revenues averaging $550k over the past 3 years, comprised almost entirely of green fees, power carts, and memberships.
Please note: Fiscal Year End is March 31.
2023 Revenues: $621k (we believe pricing on green fees and carts can be increased 20% without any negative impact)
2022 Revenues: $562k
2021 Revenues: $470k
Seller's Discretionary Earnings for 2022 was $210k and 2021 was $180k.
* Seller's Discretionary Earnings (“SDE”) is a calculation of the total financial benefit that a single full time owner-operator would derive from a business on an annual basis. It is also referred to as Adjusted Cash Flow, Total Owner's Benefit, Seller's Discretionary Cash Flow, or Recast Earnings.
** Our expectations are for a minimum 40% down payment on the final negotiated purchase price, with the balance being financed over 20 years. We're thinking around $9k per month to cover the mortgage. Obviously, the house could attract a residential mortgage at a much lower interest rate and much higher loan to value. Feel free to run some of your own calculations here:
There are over 200 acres of land with the opportunity to easily subdivide 7 lots for residential home building. Some are already subdivided.
There is room to add a 100 site RV park or seek further residential subdivision.
There is a 3 bedroom bungalow + developed basement and double garage included in the sale.
On site well and septic are more than sufficient.
All out buildings necessary for storage.